Christina Maniavou, M.Sc. TCM, graduated from Tianjin University of Traditional Chinese Medicine in China. There, she received her Master in Acupuncture, Moxibustion, and Tuina. The Chinese government also awarded her with a scholarship due to her academic excellence as an honor level student. During these three years in China, she had the opportunity to study one-on-one with a some of the greatest scholar doctors of our modern era in a variety of hospital settings.
Christina started her career as a computer programmer specialised in industrial solutions for hospitals. She also obtained a bachelor degree in Technology of Information and Telecommunication. Later on, in her career she found herself studying in Thailand, in the old Medicine School in Chiang Mai where she was introduced to Chinese Medicine. She returned to Athens where she studied Acupuncture, Moxibustion, Tuina and herbs in Academy of Ancient Greek and Traditional Chinese Medicine for 3 years.
Christina was born and raised in Crete and now resides and has a full time practice in Athens, Greece.
· Practiced in a Variety of Hospital settings in China treating stroke patients.
· Apprenticed directly with Dr. Wang Ju-Yi in Applied Channel Palpation, Research Center in Beijing.
· Apprenticed with Master Xu Ming Tang as an Image Therapist at Beijing Kundawell Medicine.
· Specialized Advanced Training in Pediatrics, Fire Needling, and Cosmetic Acupuncture.
· Strong interest in Gynecology especially harmonizing the menstrual cycle.
· Specialized Advanced Training in BaZi, Stems and Branches, Dr. Zhu’s Scalp Acupuncture, YNSA, Yi Jing and Zhong Yuan Qi Gong (Level 4).
· Specialized Advanced Training in Dr. Tan’s Balance Method with Dr. Delphine Armand.
· Specialized Advanced Training in Master Tung’s Acupuncture with Dr. Wang Wei Jie.
· Qualified by the board of examiners by the Chinese Association of Acupuncture & Moxibustion (#ZSH15.01136).
· Qualified in Applied Kineaseology
Greek (fluent), English (fluent).