ACEAM is home to students with a wide variety of interests, ages and backgrounds, reflecting the city’s dynamic mix of populations. ACEAM offers the kind of education needed for leadership in a rapidly growing worldwide medicine. With an enduring dedication to the pursuit of excellence, ACEAM offers unparalleled student experiences across a broad spectrum of academic environments. Explore ACEAM extensive, online learning opportunities. The most current information about our academic programs of study will be found on the website .
“The aim of the vocational training course in Acupuncture is to prepare future therapists for the professional practice of Traditional Chinese Medicine.
The first year will focus on the channels and acupuncture points as well as on the needling techniques, while the second year focuses on the practical treatment of various diseases. In the second year, writing a thesis is also part of the program.
In addition, to the teacher contact hours, you will work together with fellow students in a Literature study group and practice together in the Interactive Practice groups.
During these two years of acupuncture study the amount of apprenticeship hours gradually increases so that you will prepare and be ready to practice independently in your own practice after graduation.
Subjects of the 1st year Acupuncture Educational Program
- History of Acupuncture and Moxibustion
- General Knowledge of Meridians and Acupuncture points
- Meridian System
- Acupuncture Techniques
- Moxibustion and Cupping
- Ear-, Scalp-, Electro Acupuncture
- Clinical Acupuncture Points Selection
Subjects of the 2nd year Acupuncture Educational Program
In the second year, the emphasis is on analyzing and treating diverse and common syndromes seen in clinical practice. Besides the theory, cases and/or case studies will be discussed:
- General Introduction of Acupuncture Therapeutics and Principles
- Clinical Treatments: Diseases of Heart System, Lung System, Liver System, Spleen and Stomach
- System, and Kidney System
- Clinical Treatments: Jing-Luo Channel Diseases; Qi, Blood and Body Fluid Related Diseases;
- Gynecological Diseases; Infantile Diseases and Skin diseases
- Walk steadily over the bridge: from class to clinic