ACEAM is home to students with a wide variety of interests, ages and backgrounds, reflecting the city’s dynamic mix of populations. ACEAM offers the kind of education needed for leadership in a rapidly growing worldwide medicine. With an enduring dedication to the pursuit of excellence, ACEAM offers unparalleled student experiences across a broad spectrum of academic environments. Explore ACEAM extensive, online learning opportunities. The most current information about our academic programs of study will be found on the website .
“The purpose of Foundations of Chinese Medicine is to provide basic knowledge of Chinese Medicine, which is mandatory for further study of Acupuncture, Herbal Medicine, or Tuina.
Foundations of Chinese Medicine consist of basic theories such as Yin Yang and the Five Elements, Zang-Fu Theory, TCM Etiology, Pathology, and Diagnosis. Foundations of Chinese Medicine is an important bridge from theory to clinic.
In addition to teacher contact hours, the student will work together with other students in a collective Literature study group. They will practice together in Interactive Practice Study Groups. Within a few months of theoretical training, you will gain access to apprenticeships in the student clinic first by observing and then by assisting the supervised intern.
Subjects that will be covered in detail are:
- Basic Characteristics of Chinese Medicine
- Yin and Yang
- Five Elements
- Zang Fu Organs
- Qi, Blood and Body Fluids
- Etiology and Pathogenesis of Chinese Medicine
- Tongue diagnosis
- Pulse diagnosis
- Other diagnostic methods
- Pattern Identification: 8 principles, Pathogenic factors
- Pattern Identification: Zang Fu Organs
- Pattern Identification: Qi, Blood and Body Fluids
- Pattern Identification: 6 stages, Triple Burners and 4 levels
- Establishing contact with the patients: attitude of the therapist