The Asian School of Medicine – (Athens College of East Asian Medicine – ACEAM) was created to transmit the deep knowledge of Asian medicine and philosophy and to educate students and prospective therapists in accordance with the highest international standards and professional requirements. Staffed by a team of academically trained professionals working in the field of East Asian medicine, all are accredited instructors and hold diplomas from Universities in Europe, North America, and China.
Our training program is now being offered in the heart of Athens, Greece with direct face to face contact time with your instructors (1 full weekend per month), and includes a special weekday online e-learning platform that enables students to study in a flexible way, while living or working abroad in another city or country – especially those residing in Europe, the Balkans, and the Middle East.
Athens College of East Asian Medicine (ACEAM) has recently been formed in Europe, to be one of service and to provide high standard of professional vocational education in Acupuncture & East Asian Medicine. The school was founded and is governed by a board of directors who are enthusiastic and encourage mutual respect among lecturers, students, staff, trainees, and patients and demand high standards of ethical and professional conduct. We aim to ensure diversity of education, trainees, staff, and students. We prepare clinicians to practice patient-centered medicine, prevention, and treatment of disease in health care integrating the basic arts and sciences of Asian Medicine and Western Medical Sciences
For those students not living in Athens, ACEAM has located affordable quality accommodations for your stay in the center of Athens, steps from our campus. Weekend classes and clinical practicum are provided on the campus of ACEAM in Athens, Greece.
Why Choose ACEAM?
- The Asian School of Medicine (ACEAM) offers comprehensive wholistic training in Asian medicine. It provides expertise in all segments of Asian medicine, namely Acupuncture, Asian Bodywork (Tuina), and Herbal Medicine.
- We offer a professional vocational bachelor’s level diploma with opportunities for advancement. Upon completion, graduates have the opportunity to be enrolled in one of the local European Associations of Chinese Medicine plus they can continue their studies at our partner universities in China to obtain either a Master’s Degree and / or a Ph.D. in Acupuncture & Oriental Medicine.
- A graduate of ACEAM, after two years of registration in one of the local associations in the country one is affiliated with, may choose to continue their studies at the University of Nanjing at the Masters level and then if they wish continue forward in obtaining a Ph.D.
- Graduates of ACEAM will receive two diplomas. One diploma is directly from the Athens College of East Asian Medicine and the other will be issued from the Netherlands School of Chinese Medicine “ShenZhou Open University”. The Netherlands Chinese Medical School “Shen Zhou Open University” is recognized by the SNRO – a nationally recognized independent accreditation organization for Complementary and Alternative Medicine. Hence, this enables students after completing their studies to operate at the same level as HBO bachelor graduates in healthcare systems within Holland as well as any other countries that may have a reciprocal agreement with ESCO – European Skills Competencies, Qualifications and Occupations. ESCO defines the Traditional and Complementary Medicine Professionals Labor Code:2230. Countries that operate within the CAM guidelines offer reimbursement through their health insurance companies.
- The diploma from the Dutch Chinese Medical School “Shen Zhou Open University” offers a guaranteed full membership status into the Dutch Association of Acupuncture (ZHONG) and any other member association within the European Association of Chinese Medicine that offers a reciprocal agreement. For graduates residing in Greece, a full membership acceptance into the Hellenic Association of Chinese Medicine (ESKI) is also granted.
- Asmembers of the European Association of Chinese Medicine, one can logistically promote or “self-organize”, and can apply Asian medicine, always depending on their local legal state or local self-regulation CAM laws.
- All classes are offered exclusively in English. Currently, due to the high volume of text books that have been printed in English and translated from Chinese, we now have abroad bank of knowledge and access to all of the Chinese Medicine Classics& Doctrines with English translations.
- This gives an additional advantage to non-native English-speaking students in order tobecome familiar from the beginning of the study program with English literatureand terminology, opening and facilitating the way for further research andstudies in the future.
Why Choose ACEAM?
ACEAM offers a complete comprehensive educational program that has formed in the last 28 years from Shen Zhou Open University and has been enriched by ACEAM. Specializations in Acupuncture, Herbal Therapy and Manual Therapy (Tuina) are all available. Plus, all specializations are built upon a strong foundation of western medical sciences so one can communicate effectively with other health care professions. We encourage Inter-Professional Communication in a time where Acupuncture & East Asian Medicine is becoming one of the fastest growing CAM therapies entering into the modern main-stream medical arenas.
Graduates are free to practice entry-level East Asian Healing Arts according to their local CAM legislation.Read More